المدرسة الافتراضية للترجمة وفنون اللغة العربية (جيمارا)

The Virtual School of Translation and Arabic Related Arts (JEEMARA)

Can you give better translations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you give better translations?

هذا الموضوع يُحدَّث باستمرار

I am putting some paragraphs I am translating for a customer. If you feel you can give a better translation, go ahead and make a suggestion.

1. The definition of internally displaced persons (IDPs), as presented in the Guiding Principles, is broad and encompasses both natural and man-made causes of displacement; however, there is no systematic, comprehensive and authoritative data system that reflects this. Methodologies that do exist use a significantly narrowed definition as a result of operational and political realities, and may require a series of technical decisions in order to produce contextualised, useful, fit-for-purpose data.

I suggest

يأتي تعريف النَّازحين داخلياً في المبادئ التوجيهية عاماً، فهو يضم المُهجَّرين بسبب الكوارث الطبيعية أو الأحداث التي يتسبب بها الإنسان. لكنَّ هذا التعريف لا ينعكس في منظومة بيانات شاملة ومرجعية. وحتى المنهجيات المستخدمة حالياً فتميل إلى استخدام تعريف ضيِّق يوائم الواقع العملي والسياسي بل قد يُحدِّدُ استخدامها سِلسِلةٌ من القرارات الفنِّية التي تهدف إلى إنتاج بيانات مفيدة مراعية لسياقها تفي بالغرض التي أُسَِسَت من أجلها.

2. The trend nowadays is to make sentences clearer. How far do you agree with my translation?

For example, the definition used in Côte d’Ivoire’s 2014 census was limited to displacement caused by recent armed conflicts and hence excluded people displaced at other times or for other reasons.

ومثال ذلك التعريف الذي استخدمته ساحل العاج في إحصائها السكاني لعام 2014 فقد كان محدوداً بالتَّهجير الناتج عن النزاعات المسلحة، ما يعني إقصاء الأشخاص الذين هُجِّروا في أوقات أخرى لأسباب أخرى غير النزاع.

Last edited by Mohammed; 09-15-2018, 11:14 AM.

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5043 users online. 4 members and 5039 guests.

Most users ever online was 84,330 at 07:54 PM on 02-03-2023.

About us
The Virtual School for Translation and Arabic Related Arts (JEEMARA) is a place for trainees and professionals to meet and discuss issues related to their self-development.
Important Links
Follow us
Privacy Policy
Working...
X